When You Feel Like You're Standing Alone

 

Yesterday, I received some devastating news. I guess I should have been expecting it, but I've been praying for God to heal our marriage for so long, I truly was shocked when my husband said he no longer wanted to be married to me. I do believe God can change hearts, but I also know He holds my future and wants what's best for me.  My husband said I should have known. But I didn't.  I believed God would heal my marriage and we'd work things out and our lives would go on.  So here I am. Almost 65, feeling like my life has been torn apart, not knowing how I'll survive financially or where I can afford to live.  Will I have to choose between groceries or meds? I honestly don't know.  But here is what I do know ~ I serve a living God who loves me. (Romans 8:38-39) He promises in His word to provide for me. (Philippians 4:19) and even gave His life for me!  (John 3:16) Am I still devasted? Oh yes, I am. The pain is deep and very raw.  I feel broken. It probably will be for a long while.  But knowing I can stand on God's promises helps me. It encourages me and instills hope in me. I'm still emotional and grieving, but I know in time He will make me feel whole again. 

Please be encouraged.  Know that you are NEVER alone.  All you need to do is reach out to The One God that you can rely on.

Comments

Popular Posts